If yes, then do not worry as we offer you all the troubleshooting solutions in order to ensure the proper functioning of your HP printer.
Do you wish to set up your HP Printer for a USB cable connection?
Follow the simple steps that have been given below in order to set up your HP printer successfully.
Step 1: Prepare for the printer setup
• Check the requirements and delete any previously installed printer versions from Windows in order to prepare the HP printer setup for the USB connection setup and driver installation.
• Kindly confirm the following requirements and items before you begin the HP printer setting up process:
1. Make sure that the HP printer is turned on and in a ready state.
2. After ensuring that obtain a USB cable less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
3. If there is an available USB port on your computer: then If you choose to connect through a USB hub or docking station, the HP printer might not receive enough power to properly operate, and successfully carry out the HP printer setup process.
4. If you connected the USB cable to the computer before installing the HP driver, continue with these steps to remove the printer from the installed devices to help ensure a successful setup. Otherwise skip to the next step to install the driver.
• After checking all the requirements, disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer. Make sure that you do not reconnect the cable until prompted during the driver installation step for the successful setting up of your HP printer.
• Search Windows for 'devices', and then click the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the results.
• After this, Right-click the icon for your printer model, and then click Remove device. If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.
• Close the Devices and Printers window, and then continue to the next step.
Step 2: Install the driver and set up the connection with your HP printer
Depending on your printer model, follow the onscreen instructions to download your driver. Once you have done that, then the guided driver installation application HP Easy Start might download. This will help you to carry out the HP printer setting up process successfully.
If a driver or HP Easy Start downloads, follow the on-screen instructions to open the download file to start the setup.
When you are prompted to choose a connection type, select USB. You do not need to complete the remaining steps in this section if the setup is successful.
Go to our HP Printer Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, enter your printer model, if prompted, and then you can confirm if the operating system version is correct.
1. If a “Let's identify your product to get started” page displays, click Printer, type your printer model number, and then click Submit.
2. The software results page for your printer displays with the default operating system selected.
3. If you need to change the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.
4. Under the Driver heading, click Download for the full software package, or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
5. When prompted by the installer to choose a printer connection option, select USB to continue with and complete the HP printer setup process.
Try to print, scan, or fax, depending on your printer functionality. This will ensure successful setting up of your HP printer. In case, you face any other issues regarding the setting up of your HP printer then feel free to call on our HP Printer helpline number.